Grand Central Publishing
May 1 2002
Part inspirational cancer-survival story, part memoir-as-laugh-riot, Cancer Schmancer picks up where Enter Whining left off. After the publication of the New York Times bestseller, Fran found herself in an intense downward spiral. She was dealing with a separation from a long and complicated relationship; her TV series was facing declining ratings; and even her beloved dog, Chester Drescher, was failing fast! All this, compounded by symptoms no one could adequately explain, began a dark cycle that ironically, yielded a goldmine of humorous insights into what really matters. Today, Fran's got her health and she can say, truthfully, that good came out of the bad. It was a ride she needed to take, and from it, she offers lessons about:
* Accepting the hand life deals you
* Tests that can save your life
* Fears and relationship follies
* Turning negatives into positives
* Guilt, feh!
* Recovery and picking up the pieces
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Hachette Book Group USA is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBGUSA publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and children’s books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2007, the company had a record 82 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 20 of them ranked #1. In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG distributes publishing lines for Chronicle Books, Microsoft Learning, Arcade, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, Harry N. Abrams, InnovativeKids, Phaidon Press, Filipacchi Publishing, Kensington, MQ Publications, Strictly By The Book, Weinstein Books and Gildan Media.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.